In our law podcast, "Pasifika Issues Podcast," we interviewed:
Herman Wainggai, West Papuan freedom fighter and refugee living in the United States.
Since my team is located in the United States, we wanted to hear from someone who has witnessed and has connections to the Free West Papua Movement.
We covered these topics and more:
- Historical context of this pacific territory
- Referendum for West Papua
- The will of the indigenous people
- Claims of human rights violations and discrimination
- Economic interest in the territory
- Inspiration from efforts of Congressman Eni Faleomavaega
- Peaceful protests
- Legal solutions
- Call of Action
You can hear Mr. Wainggai talk about his experiences and knowledge of this movement. Click below to hear this talk!
Pt 1: West Papua
Pt 2: West Papua
Pt 3: West Papua
Pt 4: West Papua
Part 1: Reflection
Part 2: Reflection
Favorite our show, and you will be notified when we publish new episodes.
If you have topics you would like us to cover, then please call into our show: Anchor.FM/Pasifika
Or contact us on Facebook, or Instagram.
Or comment below: